Assignments #2 and #3

Summary

Hello Students!

I have left comments and grades for your profile outlines (Assign. #2). Overall, I think most folks are on the right track - but please read my comments.

Just as a general statement moving forward, please do read the assignments carefully and always free to contact me with questions/clarifications. A lot of this happens in class, so being present and paying attention is critical. I communicate important and helpful information during class (take notes) and reiterate it via announcements that are emailed to you (please check your emails). The in-class activities and any handouts from those are meant to help you with these assignments. I worry and want you all to feel confident in knowing what you need to in order to accomplish the assignments successfully. My main goal for each of you to learn and do well.

That said, Assignment #3 is up next. We did a practice virtual observation in class yesterday, and for the actual assignment you’ll take scratch notes in the field (meaning in a real urban space). Please read the assignment carefully and refer to the TESS for further help. You’re welcome to follow the 2-column format on a regular piece of paper (like the example I showed you of my own scratch notes for Brower Park) OR print out a template (like you got in class) from page 18 of the TESS booklet (then digitize it in per assignment to upload with other materials).

Have fun observing! See you Monday!

-Erin